About Me

My photo
I'm an adult toy reviewer with some additional experience in the sex industry. I will be sharing information on my favorite toys, sex toys suggestions, and posting sex positive posts and general information.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

NO JELLY ZONE


I have owned a couple of jelly dildos in the past and the sole reason for their purchase was: cheap. They were the cheapest dildos you could possibly buy. I could literally jump on amazon.com or ebay.com and find one for around $5.


When they arrived I soon discovered the quality of jelly dildos. They damage easily and most often come already damaged. They attract lint worse than a white couch will with a black dog sleeping on it. The biggest worry however was the way it felt inside of me. It literally feels like it is burning my insides if I use a jelly dildo. I've gotten about 20 seconds in until I stopped and threw all of my jelly dildos out. I had no idea why it was hurting me and just figured I was allergic to jelly.

Well, I guess you could say I am allergic to jelly. Products that are made from jelly aren't safe for ANYONE. Jelly toys are notorious for being unsafe and are highly recommended to be used with a condom only; for one reason is because it is porous and for the second is to help protect from a reaction. Alot of people experience the same burning sensation when using jelly toys. Jelly toys release phthalates and other chemicals into the body. Phthalates disrupt the body's endocrine system and can cause a whole mess of trouble within the body. For more information on phthalates check out this article on the breastcancerfund.org website http://www.breastcancerfund.org/clear-science/chemicals-glossary/phthalates.html .

Luckily there are alot of manufacturers and stores that have toys that are phthalate free and are advertised as such so you don't have to worry about what you're getting. (Yes, Silicone, Glass, Wood, Steel and other materials are phthalate free.)

So with that being said, I extremely discourage the use of jelly products and I will not be reviewing ANY toys made of jelly or other hazardous materials.



No comments:

Post a Comment